Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Vacation? Writer's don't take vacations!

I've been told being a writer is a gift; but as many of you know, being a writer means you come up with ideas all the time (at least I do!), you're writing all the time, and when you are not writing you are marketing! This means we don't take vacations. When we "go on vacation", we are collecting ideas for writing and working on our writing...secretly...at night! Writing isn't a 9-5 job. We are our own boss (if you don't count the publishers, editors, or readers!)and we decide our schedule, but that doesn't mean we don't think about writing. My mind constantly processes ideas that I have to write down in my notebook (I have 4 notebooks that do 4 different jobs related to my writing). These ideas don't stop just because I go to a different location and take part in activities I don't usually take part in on a daily basis! It's a good thing I love to write, otherwise this so-called gift would be considered a curse! Hey, there's an idea...a story about a writer who feels cursed because he/she can't finish a project because they are constantly being distracted by the flooding of ideas for other stories! Gee, better write it down in my Idea Notebook! (Idea #78):)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My family

My family
They're wild!