Friday, May 21, 2010

Contest Time!

Well, today's the day--the contest begins and I'll be providing an excerpt from my free eBook coming out Friday, June 4th! First things first: The Contest. This is for everyone aged 5-16. Between now and Thursday, June 3, I will be accepting entries from everyone on their ideas of how to prevent bullying. This can include written and/or drawings. Show me or tell me what you would do to prevent the situation from happening, as well as how to stop it when you find it occurring. I will choose one entry from each age group (5-7, 8-10, 11-13, 14-16) and the winners will be announced the day the book is published and available! Winners will also be posted during the week following the contest, one on each day. Prizes include gift cards for iTunes and Barnes & Noble, t-shirts, hats, and cool accessories! Send your entries to: sharleyte@gmail.com. Put eBook contest in the subject heading. ENTER TODAY!!!

Now, here is an excerpt from the book, 12 Signs Your Child May Be A Bully. It is from the section, Myths About Bullying. Bullies don't have many friends. Actually, the opposite is true. Kids that bully usually have a lot of friends. Those friends are their support system and are the ones that encourage the bully to continue in his/her behavior. Children that bully usually have high leadership skills, as well as being extroverts.

Next week, I'll have more excerpts and also, a quiz for kids to take! Have a great weekend and don't forget to ENTER THE CONTEST! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My family

My family
They're wild!