Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Love the writing life!

I'm a writer and have been told that it is hard work. I don't think writing articles and books is the hard part, I think being a single mom and trying to learn how to market myself is the hard part! Writing comes fairly easy to me--I feel like an idea factory! It takes time to edit the rough drafts and all, but the key to successful writing is the business part of it: marketing. If nobody knows you or your book/articles, then you're not going to sell much. The most time-consuming part is learning all about how to market myself. Once I get more accomplished at it, then it will go by faster and become easier (then I can spend more time writing!). What also takes time is parenting. I have a 10 yr. old son at home and my now 22 yr. old daughter is on her own, but they never really reach the point where they don't need you! We talk to each other daily (even though we are several hours away from one another!) and see each other at least a couple of times a month. She has a young son and I think that aspect has drawn us even closer. Parenting definitely takes a lot of time and single parenting even more. If only there were more hours in the day--but then I would probably fill them with more of what I'm doing now, now with ways to relax! Don't get me wrong; I wouldn't change a thing about my life. Being a parent and a writer is heaven. I can't think of anything else I would rather do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My family

My family
They're wild!